1.9 // CINEMATIC COMPOSITION **FREE SAMPLE LESSON**
CINEMATIC COMPOSITION MADE EASY
In this tutorial Philip talks about his approach to basic composition when filming weddings. Using a simple adaptation of the rule of Thirds we look at the importance of creating conversations and how this technique can be manipulated in post-production.
- Concept based around the rule of thirds.
- Understand this concept before breaking the rules.
- This has to change as we're filming a live event.
- Remove horizontal lines / just use vertical thirds.
- Place characters within these sections.
- Form conversations between characters.
- Rearrange clips to make better conversations.
- Further you can reverse (flip) a clip so this will work better.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These will be built over time from the different points that are discussed in the forum below.
If there's anything in the tutorial film that you're unsure about or if you have any further questions, please just use the forum below to ask me something.
Over time, points raised from here will be added to the Frequently Asked Questions section above.